When it comes to makeup (and just makeup), I am a habitual user. I like the things that I like, and I don’t really give second chances.
My best friend, Dorothy, and I decided to list each our five beauty/makeup favorites of 2015.
Here are my 2015 Favorites:
1. MAC Pro Longwear concealer – I’m a “concealer connoisseur,” and this ones a WINNER in hiding dark circles. One thing I do have to complain is the container. It always gives out too little or way too much product when I press down. But maybe that’s just me.
2. Benefit ‘Hello Flawless!’ powder foundation with SPF 15 – It has a matte finish and gives light to medium coverage. I have naturally pink/red spots, so I use this powder to even out my skin tone.
3. Maybelline ‘The Falsies’ Volume Express mascara (waterproof) – My holy grail mascara that I’ve consistently used since my senior year of high school. The longest relationship I’ve ever had with a makeup product. Go us.
4. MAC blush in ‘Melba’ – It’s my “everyday” blush! Peachy shade with zero shimmer so it gives a natural look, not like NARs ‘Orgasm’ where you look like you just had an
5. Anastasia brow promade – For the past four years I used the Elf brow palette, but in 2015 I decided to cheat on her and upgrade to this brow pomade. This product is incredibly easy to work with, and I will definitely be using for…ever.
Dorothy’s 2015 Favorites (by Dorothy):
1. YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer – The only primer that gives me that poreless look without over-mattifying my skin. I love how flawless my skin looks after using this, AND my foundation doesn’t budge all day.
2. Maskcara IIID foundation palette – Truly a dummy kit for contouring. I don’t even have to warm up the product for it to blend unlike other cream contour kits I’ve tried.
3. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in ‘Radiant Light’ – My holy grail. I love this product more than anything in my entire collection. I use it to set my makeup, and to highlight. The most “lit from within” look I’ve ever achieved. You do need a quality brush to truly feel its effect since the powder is so finely milled.
4. Morphe brushes – I tried these on a whim, but was more and more impressed with every application from liquids to blending matte shadows.
5. Foreo Luna mini (toothbrush for your face) – My skin hasn’t felt this good since…I can’t remember. It gives you that baby bottom feel on the entirety of my face…who doesn’t want that?
Dorothy gifted me a Foreo Luna mini for Christmas, and I’ve used it for one week. So far I can say I love it, and I plan on using it everyday into 2016 (and beyond). Thank you Dorothy!
Therefore, we swear upon our 2015 year that these 10 products are worth it and you should give one (or all) a try in 2016.
Love & more love,
“Glo & Do”